Founded in 2005, ReServe is a national nonprofit headquartered in New York City. The organization leverages the talents, maturity and commitment of older adults to alleviate societal problems and strengthen their communities. ReServe matches continuing professionals age 55+ ("ReServists") with part-time service assignments in nonprofits and public institutions. Since its founding, ReServe has made more than 3,300 service placements at more than 350 different public and private agencies. In addition to serving New York City, ReServe has programs in New England, South Florida, New Jersey, San Francisco and the Mid-Atlantic.
ReServe is looking for an intern to assist with our event planning, client relations, and database management needs. The intern will work with ReServe staff on a variety of potential projects, centered on three primary areas of focus:
The following duty statements are illustrative of potential projects during the internship. The company reserves the right to modify or change the duties or essential functions of this job at any time.
- Assist with ReServe events: Assist in making lists of invitees, call to confirm RSVPs, help set up event space, take attendance and notes.
- Communicate with ReServists and Partner Organizations: Make phone calls to inactive ReServists and Partner Organizations, follow up with ReServists who have not completed their application, call Partners with outstanding invoices.
- Work with ReServe database: Various data entry tasks within ReServe database, such as updating ReServist profiles based on resumes. Additionally, work with ReServe Database Administrator to identify areas of clutter within ReServe’s Salesforce system and clean them up.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, especially phone skills; previous office experience preferred.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Creative, professional, and able to work independently.
- Strong computer & web user. Strong user of Microsoft Office suite of products (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Database familiarity a bonus, especially Salesforce.com or similar CRM software
- Basic Computer Skills
- Customer Acquisition
- Relationship Building
- Market Research / Analysis
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 17
- Approx. 16 hours a week, depending on need.