Redmond Historical Society President Joe Townsend has announced an opening for a volunteer Board Member -- Secretary, an Officer position, including serving as Corporate Secretary. Qualified, interested, persons may request further information, a position description and Volunteer Application form by writing to email@example.com. Resumes helpful.
The position will be available 1-1-17. Director at Large position available in the interim.
We are a small 501(c)(3) non-profit with a working board.
This position calls for:
- Proficiency in oral and written communication.
- Interpersonal skills
- Organizational and listening skills
- Skills with MS Office software
- Experience in writing effective, concise minutes of Board and Executive Committee meetings
- Time to write and revise minutes, approximately 4 hours a month, within two weeks following a meeting.
- A computer with Internet connection and email
- Time to attend monthly, evening Board and Executive Committee meetings
- Time to attend one Saturday morning Speaker Program a month
- Opportunities for longer-term committee projects, from time to time
- Critical Thinking
- Project Management
- People Skills
- Basic Computer Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Two meetings & one Saturday morning program/month
- Writing, editing minutes