Calling all book lovers! Are you looking for the perfect opportunity to combine your love of literature with a way to give back? Read along with some seniors with Book Buddies in Wayne. It's a great opportunity to socialize with some lovely seniors and do good--all at once.
The seniors in this wing of a long-term care facility have Alzheimer's disease, and reading aloud to them helps stimulate and socialize them. Sign up today! This project is BYOB--your own book, that is. The ideal book is short and visual.
NOTE: To participate in this project
you must be a Jersey Cares volunteer.
To sign up as a Jersey Cares volunteer:
1. Visit www.jerseycares.org
2. Click on "Log-In"
3. Click on "Not a Member? Register"
4. Fill out all necessary information.
5. Register for a project!
- Mental Health
- Family Therapy
- Elder care
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Marketplace in East Brunswick
- Plant it Forward in Newark
- Mobile Meals in Paterson
- Plant it Forward in Clifton
- Donation Clean Up in Belmar
- Pet Therapy in Morristown
- Mobile Meals in Elizabeth
- Computer Essentials in Elizabeth
- Donation Delivery in Belmar
- Plant it Forward in Montclair...
- Earth Keepers in Jersey City...
- Hunger Helpers in Camden
- Earth Keepers in Watchung...
- Bingo Time with Veterans in...
- Kiddy Care in Madison
- Marketplace in Paterson
- Book Buddies in Wayne
- Hunger Helpers in Hoboken
- Earth Keepers in Manchester
- Behind the Scenes with Jersey...