- Pea Pod has several critical initiatives aimed at providing free or low-cost nutrition, lactation and early childhood nutrition services to low-income women and children through our Pea Pod Assistance Program. These programs are near and dear to our heart, and we would love to have a volunteer to help us out with fundraising so we can continue to offer them. We strongly believe that everyone deserves a chance at a healthy life. If you’re looking to break into the nonprofit world as a career, this position is a great resume-builder.
The ideal fundraising volunteer will:
- Have experience or knowledge about grass-roots fundraising for nonprofits in metro Atlanta. Ideally, the perfect candidate will have managed fundraising campaigns in the past, but we’re open to anyone who has the passion to raise money for a great cause.
- Be creative! Fundraising isn’t easy, and there is always competition for donor dollars. The most successful campaigns are unique and attention-getting, so we’re looking for people who think outside the box. (Hint: bring some ideas to the table when you apply.)
- Be willing to work in a collaborative team environment. The ideal fundraising volunteer will happily collaborate with our executive director as well as our social media volunteer and blogger to ensure that any campaigns span our entire organization for maximum effect.
- Event Planning / Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18