- If you love to write, and expressing your thoughts online is your idea of a great time, this role is perfect for you. For volunteers who have more time availability, this position could be combined with our social media volunteer (see above).
The ideal blogger will be:
- Creative! Pea Pod is looking for self-motivated writers who have the ability to come up with new and exciting topics which relate to our programs and services, as well as take direction when blogs are needed about key initiatives.
- Knowledgeable about one or more of our key service and specialization areas, such as early childhood or women’s nutrition, women’s, prenatal and/or pediatric health, lactation and vegan or vegetarian nutrition. Not sure if you qualify? Contact us and tell us what you specialize in-we’ll help determine if you’re the right fit.
- Prepared to provide examples of your writing. Examples of your past blogging experience are helpful, but if you are a fantastic writer who is looking to break into blogs, other writing samples will be accepted, too.
- Engaging. Our ideal blogger will not only write and post blogs which support Pea Pod’s services and initiatives, they’ll also seek out other interesting articles to link to, and respond to audience members with questions or comments.
- Critical Thinking
- Social Media / Blogging
- Reading / Writing
- Technical Writing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18