Are you a fan of open source and free software? Help us spread the word about the benefits for free software and provide education on these topics at SCALE.
SCALE is a non-profit volunteer organized Linux, Open Source, and free software conference held annually in Southern California. Our volunteer PR team is seeking individuals who wish to help promote our events online or offline. Our upcoming 14th annual event will be held January 21-24, 2016 at the Pasadena Convention Center.
Activities at SCALE include:
- Hands on training and installfests
- Over 200 seminars on free, libre and open source software; as well as open culture.
- An exhibit hall where open source projects and non-profit organizations demonstrate their FOSS projects.
- Classes and hands on activities for K-12 students.
As a volunteer on the PR team you would help with:
* Writing and distributing press releases.
* Interviewing speakers and participants for our blog.
* Social Media and online marketing.
* Promoting SCALE at local user groups and events.
* Coordinating participation and by coverage press at SCALE.
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Public Relations
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Varies. Happy to have your help!