Hopeful Inc has an immediate need for an experienced Grant Writer with extensive experience with capacity building grants for California. Detailed volunteer description is as follows:
- Primary responsibilities include preparation of proposals and grant applications.
- Duties include responsible, professional and administrative work in researching, identifying, developing and responding to public and private grant opportunities based on client's needs.
- Conduct thorough needs assessment with clients through in person meetings, phone conversations and email. Gather information from clients to facilitate grasping the concept of a project or program for which funding is sought as defined by the client.
- Research grant-making organizations and analyze them to identify likely funding sources for specific projects and programs based on client needs.
- Compile, write, and edit all grant applications exhibiting strong expository writing skills and a high-level command of grammar and spelling.
- Review the budget of a project or program for which funding is sought and make recommendations to the client on how to better present it to grant-making organizations.
- Develop individual grant proposals in accordance with each grant-making organization's preferences and follow exactly each grant-making organization's guidelines.
- Keep in contact with grant-making organizations during their review of a submitted grant application in order to be able to supply additional supportive material.
- Responsible for administration and completion of all required post-award reporting, compliance and evaluation as needed.
- Provide advice and training for other team members in relation to preparation of capacity building grant applications.
- Review and provide suggestions on all company applications for capacity building grants for quality assurance purposes.
- Will work under direction of the Hopeful Inc Grant Manager and Senior Director.
- Submit written reports to the Hopeful Inc's Grant Manager on all projects with periodic meetings to review projects, clients and accounts.
- 3 years previous grant writing experience is required. Experience working with a private foundations and government funding agencies is desirable.
- Grant Writing / Research
- Donor Management
- Business Development
- Business Development & Sales Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 10 per month
- Flexible, available for conference calls, and information sharing