Teachers Needed: Healthy Mind-Body Lifestyle Instructor
7 people are interested
Are you friendly, outgoing, and enjoy teaching?
We would love for you to join our Community!
Our Healthy Mind-Body Lifestyle Instructors are responsible for providing quality exercise classes to community members of the Cancer Support Community Los Angeles (CSCLA). We are looking for professional instructors to provide the following program offerings:
- Art Therapy: Collage Crafts, Drawing, Painting, Knitting
- Music Therapy and Drum Circle
Program instruction schedule is flexible; we ask a commitment to teaching weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly for three months.
- Certification in Specialty
- Friendly attitude and comfortable working around people with cancer
- Daytime and/or evening availability
- Professional and reliable
- Punctual attendance
- Communicate in a positive, polite and respectful manner
- Ability to work independently and alongside a team
- Ability to stand or sit for extended periods of time
- For the Art and Music Therapy classes - experience working with children and desire to provide uplifting experiences for families
- In-person interview with Program Manager and/or Program Director
- Volunteer Orientation and specific on-site training available
Who are we?
The mission of Cancer Support Community Los Angeles (CSCLA) is to ensure that all people impacted by cancer are empowered by knowledge, strengthened by action, and sustained by community. Our programs include educational workshops, mind-body, stress reduction & healthy lifestyle exercise classes, support group & networking, individual counseling, and social gatherings. We offer a wide range of classes where our members learn relaxation skills aid in reducing stress and managing any side effects caused from their treatments. All programs and services are provided at no cost.
If you are interested in volunteering for this or other positions at Cancer Support Community Los Angeles, please contact Shannon LaCava at email@example.com.
We'll work with your schedule.
1990 South Bundy DriveSuite 100Los Angeles, CA 90025
- Teaching / Instruction
- Adult Education
- Music Arts
- People 55+
- Orientation or Training
- 60-90 minutes per week
- Certification in Specialty Required