The Folsom Public Library is offering 3D printers for public use. Current hours are Sundays afternoons from 12-4pm. Some volunteer shifts will run from 11am-2pm and 2-5pm to allow for set up and tear down. The Library plans to expand hours to every Sunday from 12-4pm and Wednesdays from 3-7pm by February 2016.
The Position: Help provide the opportunity for people of all ages to experience 3D printing by assisting customers with making their own creations. 3D Printing Assistants will also work with the equipment and create designs for display.
- Interacting with customers of all ages and abilities
- Learning the Library’s 3D printer equipment and software programs
- Assisting with the use of the Library’s 3D printer equipment and software programs
- Provide support and encouragement to customers
- Communicate equipment and service needs to assigned lead
Training and Support Provided: Library Staff and lead volunteers will support 3D Printing Assistants by offering direction and guidance as needed. Training on the Library’s 3D printing equipment will be provided.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Computer knowledge to operate, troubleshoot and demonstrate how to use PrintrBot 3D printers and open source design applications, such as Thingiverse and YouMagine
- Reliable and friendly
- Ability to pass a background screening
- Age 15 and older
Commitment: 5 hours per month, with a minimum commitment of 6 months.
- Computer Science
- Software Engineering
- Basic Computer Skills
- PC Platform
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 15
- Orientation or Training
- 3 hours Sunday afternoons, twice per month