Activity Volunteers Needed
36 people are interested
We believe that people with developmental disabilities are inherently valuable as individuals with the right to live, participate, contribute to, and benefit from their communities. Our commitment is to assist people to live and work in ways that reflect their desires, choices and dreams.Our Core Values
We believe that people who have developmental disabilities have the right to:
- Dignity and Respect
- Be Supported in the Community
- Choice and Individual Control
- Social and Community Connections
- Personal Growth and Well-Being
Providing a wide variety of residential supports in attractive homes and apartments is a signature offering of JRI Developing Abilities. Homes that are staffed twenty-four hours combine the goals of safety and supervision with opportunities for personal growth and autonomy. Individuals living in our staffed homes develop self-care skills, home and community safety skills, as well as leisure interests with less risk than if on their own. Our beautiful, spacious homes and apartments blend seamlessly in their communities, removing the barriers people may have experienced in the past to living alongside their neighbors.
We are seeking volunteers to:
- Assist individuals with planning and implementing an activity.
- Work with individuals to learn a new activity such as instrument playing, baking, cooking, language, sewing, scrapbooking, woodworking, knitting, crocheting, etc.
- Assist a staff person with individual or group activities.
- Play board games or cards
- Read to a visually impaired client
- Share stories and listen
- Walk with individuals
- Assist on field trips
- Your ideas are always welcome!
We'll work with your schedule.
1671 Worcester RoadSuite 100Framingham, MA 01701
- Music Therapy
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training