The mission of RP/6 is "Guiding service members, veterans, and their families to their next objective." Our volunteers are crucial in helping us achieve this mission. Volunteers who staff the front desk support and assist daily operations at RP/6 and are the first face our clients see when entering our doors.
DESCRIPTION OF EXPECTATIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES: RP/6 Front Desk Volunteer
- Greet and welcome clients including offering refreshment and signing them into the building.
- Answer the phone, transferring calls and taking messages when appropriate.
- Administrative assistance duties such as printing, making copies, and keeping informational brochures stocked and current.
- Ensure a positive image by keeping the coffee bar stocked, the lobby tidy, and the front desk organized.
- Attend all regularly scheduled shifts or give advanced notice when unable to.
- Submit quarterly log of volunteer service to the volunteer coordinator.
- Demonstrate highest standards of stewardship of the vision and mission of RP/6.
CORE COMPETENCIES & VALUES:
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to listen, analyze, think strategically and creatively, and work well with people individually and in a group
- Mission-driven and passionate about assisting service members, veterans and military families of all services and all generations.
- Strong organizational management skills.
- Unquestionable personal code of ethics and integrity and professional conduct that espouses diversity and trust.
To Apply: Email resume to email@example.com with subject line Front desk volunteer.
- People Skills
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 hours a week