Help the Homeless of Los Angeles
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where256 S. Occidental BlvdLos Angeles, CA 90057
Tents-4-Homeless is a project aimed providing 1 and 2 person tents to homeless people who for one reason or another are forced to sleep outdoors with no access to sheltered housing. Obviously not intended as along term or structural solution to homelessness, emergency tents provide homeless people with protection from the weather and a semblance of privacy. The initial target population is homeless individuals and families sleeping on sidewalks in the skid row of Los Angeles, the largest concentration of homeless people in the United States. If interest in the project grows, we would like to expand the project to include other highly dense homeless populations in other areas of the country and possibly abroad.
The Center for Human Rights and Constitutional Law, Inc. is looking for a passionate volunteers and interns to assist with its Tents-4-Homeless project We are looking for students/interns/volunteers who can dedicate at least 4 hours/week for at least 2-3 months.
Interns and volunteers may work at the Center's office or remotely helping with any of the following tasks:
- Internet research to identify companies that may support the project through cash or tent donations (e.g. REI, Sports Chalet, Big 5, etc) See (www.tents4homeless.org)
- Internet research and communication with celebrities with large twitter followings or Facebook pages (sports figures, elected officials, etc.) to invite them to support the project through tweets, Facebook posts, etc.
- Research and drafting a posting for the Tents4Homeless web site analyzing policy efforts by Los Angeles city and county to address homelessness and the potential merits and shortcomings of these policies.
- Develop and draft a "know your rights" pamphlet to be included with tents that are distributed this holiday season. The pamphlet will include information regarding the legality of tent camping in the streets of Los Angeles and potential resources available to homeless people in the area.
- Technical assistance ramping up our social networking to increase awareness of and support for the Tents4Homeless project.
- Assistance with the content of our campaign (text, photos, layout, etc.) to increase its effectiveness in reaching potential volunteers and supporters
Those interested in this opportunity should send a short email describing qualifications and assignment preferences to email@example.com with the subject line "[YOUR NAME] Tents-4-Homeless Volunteer/Intern."
- Project Management
- Social Media / Blogging
- Community Outreach
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Interest in homelessness, homeless advocacy, and research
- Homeless Research Intern
- History of Law Project
- Athletic Volunteer
- Make Your Voice Heard. Write for...
- Volunteer Research Assistant
- Help Prisoners in Solitary...
- Tents-4-Homeless Social Media...
- Youth Shelter Graduate...
- Join the Fight Against Family...
- Driver for Casa Libre/Freedom...
- Gardener/Master Gardener
- Tent4Homeless project
- Tutor Los Angeles
- Help Eliminate Racial...
- Human Rights Intern or Volunteer
- Unaccompanied Minors Shelter...
- Help the Homeless of Los Angeles
- Help the Homeless and Advocate...