Be a Service Unit Recognitions Chair and ensure outstanding volunteers within the service unit are recognized on a local and council level.
The Adult Recognitions Chair is responsible for promoting and facilitating nominations for Girl Scouts of the USA (GSUSA) and Girl Scouts of Greater Atlanta (GSGATL). Recognitions include a mixture of formal and informal methods that acknowledge volunteer accomplishments regardless of role and length of service.
Your Commitment to Girls includes:
- Attending Volunteer Recognitions training and staying informed of current formal and informal adult recognitions awards.
- Maintaining and verifying all adult recognitions records for your service unit.
- Developing a system of year round appreciation, such as gift certificates, birthday cards, and/or appreciation dinners.
- Planning the service unit recognitions ceremony. Assisting with Leader Appreciation Day, National Volunteer Week, or any other significant celebration related to rewarding adult volunteers.
- Reviewing and endorsing all council nominations for your service area.
- Staying "in the know" by attending service unit meetings.
- Administrative Support
- Youth Services
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- Group Facilitation
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- It's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
- Girl Scouts Service Unit Treasurer
- Girl Scout Registrar
- Girl Scouts Service Unit...
- - Dekalb - Girl Scout Troop...
- Girl Scout Outreach - Program...
- Cobb - Girl Scout Troop Co-Leader
- Mentor- with your support, she...
- Teach Girl Scouts Babysitting...
- Girl Scout Service Unit...
- Girl Scout Annual Fund Chair
- Gwinnett - Girl Scout Troop...
- Fun day with kids full of games...