Mitchell Animal Rescue (MAR) is seeking a dependable person for the Transition Coordinator position. This person deals with the activities necessary when an animal is pulled from the pound to go to foster care or to be transported to another rescue. Specific tasks include:
* Work with the Pound Coordinator, Foster Coordinator and Transfer Coordinator to determine:
* when animals need to be pulled from the pound,
* the length of time that temporary accommodations for the animal are needed and
* what temporary accommodations will be used for the animal.
* Coordinate with the MAR leadership to determine whether the animal is to be spayed, neutered, inoculated, tested or provided with other medical treatment before being released into MAR custody.
* Coordinate with the veterinary clinic to ensure the medical procedures, tests and inoculations are completed before the animal is released into MAR custody.
* Ensure all paperwork for the animal (vaccination record, rabies certificate, etc.) is provided and current before the animal is released into MAR custody.
* If needed, ensure all animals adopted by Mitchell Animal Rescue from the pound have temporary homes immediately after their release from the pound and before induction into a foster home or transfer to another rescue.
* Ensure all animals adopted by Mitchell Animal Rescue from the pound have transportation to temporary homes, foster home or other facility immediately after their release from the pound.
We will train people who are willing to make and meet a commitment to do this task. The estimated time requirement is between 5-20 hours each week but may be slightly more or less, depending on how many animals are in the pound.If interested, please fill out and submit a volunteer application at http://www.mitchellanimalrescue.org/volunteer-application.php
- Animal Care / Handling
- Problem Solving
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 5 to 20 hours per week
- see description