Facilitators- Empower Domestic Abuse Survivors through Financial Literacy
78 people are interested
Shine Foundation is a non-for-profit dedicated to helping domestic violence abuse survivors in the New York City area learn to thrive financially. We lead fun and informative workshops to teach our clients empowerment through financial literacy. Join Shine today to use your professional and creative experience to leave a lasting impression in the lives of others.
We are looking for facilitators who are engaging, energetic and can make financial content exciting and fun! Successful facilitators understand the importance of engagement and user experience in the teaching process and have the client’s interests in mind.
- Facilitate classes, one or multiple classes over a scheduled program.
- Design activities and lesson plans.
- Work with support team to create long-term follow-up and success plans.
- Facilitators can specialize in topics (e.g., budgeting, credit repair, job search, etc.) or serve as generalists.
- Conduct research and preparation for classes as needed.
3+ years of prior experience working with similar client population OR prior facilitation/teaching experience.
Strong communication skills.
Experience creating content or lesson plans that are fun and exciting!
Ability to work well in a team environment.
Timeframe: September-November with possibility to extend volunteer time.
Weekly commitment: 4 to 6 hours + travel to sites
6 Doyers St.#130206New York, NY 10013
- Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Financial Literacy
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Teaching / Instruction
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- About 4 to 6 hours/week