Martin Volunteers is a program of United Way that recruits volunteers for non-profit agencies in Martin County.
The mission of this agency is to promote, support and advocate for the independence dignity and well-being of seniors, adults with disabilities and those who care for them in a manner that values diversity, reflects the communities we serve and embraces the collaboration of the aging network of the aging.
Volunteers are needed to become certified to teach others how to evaluate thoughts how to about falling, improve balance, develop a personal exercise plan, correct fall-ty habits, conduct safety checks for the home, exercise to improve and promote flexibility and manage the symptoms of depression. Must have good communication and interpersonal skills, enthusiasm, dependability, willingness to lead a group, work with older adults, perform a range of motion, carry up to 20 pounds and requires two workshops per year. Background required.
Please contact us for more information and an application.
- Adult Education
- Physical Education
- Elder care
- Community Outreach
- Teaching / Instruction
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- One year/ two hours per week
- good communication skills, dependability, must lift 20 pounds.
- Community Patrol/Clerical ...
- Clerical (000360)
- Disaster Preparedness Scheduler...
- Thrift Store - multiple...
- Fundraising Event (01242)
- Receptionist (001207)
- Meals on Wheels Delivery Driver...
- Adult Day Club Visitors (000581)
- Receptionist (001155)
- Receptionist/ Clerical (001197)
- Balance Coach (001235)
- Victim Advocate (001163)
- Meal Preparation #001239
- Administrative Support (001160)
- Successful Futures Assistant...
- Administrative Assistant -...
- Furniture Refinisher to work...
- Receptionist/ Appointment Setter...
- Thrift Store (001204)
- Receptionist (001201)