Unaccompanied Minors Shelter Service
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where845 S. Lake St.Los Angeles, CA 90057
We are looking for interns and volunteers to provide care and supervision of residents at a homeless youth shelter, Casa Libre/Freedom House, in Los Angeles. Casa Libre focuses its services on unaccompanied immigrant minors. The shelter houses 6-8 boys, ages 15-17. The house is a historic mansion located in Pico-Union area close to MacArthur Park. Spanish speakers are a plus as most the residents are from Central America and Mexico. We have paid staff but want to explore moving to an intern/volunteer driven program. We are looking for students/interns/volunteers who can dedicate at least 4 hours/week for at least 2-3 months to be present at the shelter and provide guidance and supervision for the young residents.
- Youth Services
- Case Work / Management
- Child Welfare
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- 4 hours per week
- Homeless Research Intern
- History of Law Project
- Athletic Volunteer
- Make Your Voice Heard. Write for...
- Volunteer Research Assistant
- Help Prisoners in Solitary...
- Tents-4-Homeless Social Media...
- Youth Shelter Graduate...
- Join the Fight Against Family...
- Driver for Casa Libre/Freedom...
- Gardener/Master Gardener
- Tent4Homeless project
- Tutor Los Angeles
- Help Eliminate Racial...
- Human Rights Intern or Volunteer
- Unaccompanied Minors Shelter...
- Help the Homeless of Los Angeles
- Help the Homeless and Advocate...