Help Smithsonian visitors plan memorable experiences across our museums! If you are looking for a volunteer role that allows you to speak with people from around the world and learn about new and exciting things happening at the Smithsonian, this position is for you!
Smithsonian Call Center Volunteers engage and inspire visitors over the phone. Over 32,000 people connected to the Smithsonian through the main information line in 2016. When visitors call looking to plan memorable and exciting experiences, volunteers use online resources to find information about Smithsonian exhibitions, activities, services, and more. Volunteers also assist Office of Visitor Services staff with various projects related to visitor engagement.
Dynamic and friendly individuals 18 years or older who have a desire to speak with visitors and to share their enthusiasm for the Smithsonian. Also looking for people who...
- have outstanding computer skills in using web-based resources
- show strong customer service skills
- are enthusiastic and outgoing
- enjoy working with diverse people
- possess fantastic listening skills
- have a clear speaking style on the telephone and are fluent in English
- Foreign-language skills are a plus.
For more information and to apply, visit http://si.edu/Volunteer/Telephone-Information or contact Abbey Earich at EarichA@si.edu or 202.633.5260.
- Internet Research
- Customer Service
- Office Reception
- People Skills
- Basic Computer Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours once a week, Monday - Friday
- Minimum one year commitment