Library Literacy Tutor
30 people are interested
Join our team as a volunteer adult literacy tutor! Volunteers are patient, flexible and want to make a difference in their community. Tutors work one-on-one with adult learners, improving basic reading and writing skills and supporting learners in achieving their learning goals.
Tutor Trainings are held quarterly.Volunteer tutors must:
- have a high school diploma or GED
- complete our free tutor orientation and training
- commit to at least six months of volunteering
- be available to tutor twice a week for one or two hour sessions
- stay connected with Berkeley READS by participating in phone calls and planning meetings
Please join us...
Thursday, January 31, 6:45 - 8pm
See if Berkeley Reads is the "right fit" for you!
Pt. 1 - Saturday, February 2, 10:00am - 4:00pm
Getting ready and practical tips
Pt. 2 - Thursday, February 7, 6:45pm - 8:00pm
Presentations by tutors and learners
Tutor orientation and training will be in the
Berkeley READS office at the West Branch Library
(Please attend all training sessions)
We'll work with your schedule.
Berkeley ReadsBerkeley Public Library ~ West Branch1125 University AvenueBerkeley, CA 94702
- Adult Education
- Literacy / Reading
- Teaching / Instruction
- Reading / Writing
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 6 month time commitment, 2 hours per week
- Tutor Trainings are conducted in January, June, and September