Join our team as a volunteer adult literacy tutor! Volunteers are patient, flexible and want to make a difference in their community. Tutors work one-on-one with adult learners, improving basic reading and writing skills and supporting learners in achieving their learning goals.
Tutor Trainings are held in January, June, and September.
Volunteer tutors must:
- have a high school diploma or GED
- complete our free tutor orientation and training
- commit to at least six months of volunteering
- be available to tutor twice a week for one or two hour sessions
- stay connected with Berkeley READS by participating in phone calls and planning meetings
Please join us...
Thursday, June 14, 6:45 - 8pm
See if Berkeley Reads is the "right fit" for you!
Pt. 1 - Saturday, June 16, 10:00am - 4:00pm
Getting ready and practical tips
Pt. 2 - Thursday, June 21, 6:45pm - 8:00pm
Presentations by tutors and learners
Tutor orientation and training will be in the
Berkeley READS office at the West Branch Library
(Please attend all training sessions)