WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where1441 Pleasant StreetDes Moines, IA 50314
How to Make a Difference
The Des Moines Ronald McDonald House is able to accomplish its mission with the help of the many relief volunteers. Relief volunteers are an essential part of the House. With the House operating 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, it is difficult for a staff of 4 to cover all the hours needed.
Here are ways Relief Volunteers dedicate their time:
- Welcome and register families
- Be supportive of families
- Provide tours
- Answer phones
- Assist with household chores
- Tidy up kitchen, make a pot of coffee, share some hospitality
- Just be there when guests need a friendly face or someone to talk to!
- Handle money and transactions made for registering families in/out
- Checking rooms when family is ready to check out
- Get room ready for the next family
- Communicating with staff and other volunteers
- 3 or 4 hour shifts
- Weekly, monthly, evening, overnight
- Invite a friend to volunteer with you
Please email Kendall Owen or call the house at 515-243-2111 to take a tour and find out more information about our relief help and how to help The House That Love Built.
- Customer Service
- Facilities Management
- Food Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- at least 4 hours - can be flexible though
- Schedule a training with the House! We need help! Thanks.