Position Title: Senior Fitness Instructor
Reports To: Divisional Volunteer Center
Purpose/Goal of Position: To support the Escondido Corps Community Center by teaching a fitness class for seniors. Dance, Light aerobics, chair yoga, etc...
1. Prior fitness instructor experience or training preferred but not required.
2. Ability to maintain confidentiality and boundaries as required and appropriate.
3. Strong interpersonal skills; Ability to work effectively with culturally diverse staff and participants
4. Bilingual in English and Chinese helpful but not required
1. Prepare a fitness lesson for each class with modifications based on student needs.
2. Instruct assigned class for a minimum of 6 month period
3. Support participants in developing and accomplishing individual goals, as needed
4. Document student attendance, progress, and areas of need
Duration: Minimum of 3-6 month commitment
# Days per Week: Every Tuesday 12:30pm-1:30pm
- Dance / Aerobics
- Fitness Instruction
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 1 hour a week for 6 months