Telephone Companion Volunteer
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where2 Executive Circle, Suite 175Irvine, CA 92614
TheCouncil on Aging-Southern California is a private, nonprofit corporation, serving older adults in OrangeCounty since 1973. The Council mission is to promote the independence, health, and dignity of older adults through compassion, education, and advocacy.
The Council on Aging-SC's ReConnect Program is looking for peer volunteers ages 60 and over to provide supportive counseling and companionship to ReConnect program participants over the phone. By providing information and activity reminders, the telephone buddy will assist designated participants in getting back in the community. Telephone buddies are a source of empowerment in motivating participants to attend support groups and community activities.
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 60
- Orientation or Training
More opportunities with Council on Aging Southern California - Preventative Mental Health Department
- Mandarin Speaking Volunteer
- Vietnamese Speaking Outreach...
- Volunteer ages 60+ for Veteran...
- Friendly Visitor Opportunity
- Volunteer ages 60+ for LGBTIQ...
- Caring Connections Friendly...
- Program Intern
- Korean Speaking Outreach...
- Balance and Mobility Instructor...
- Arabic Speaking Volunteer
- Reassurance Calls Volunteer
- Spanish Speaking Volunteers
- Khmer Speaking Volunteer
- Volunteers ages 60+ for Activity...
- Reassurance Calls Specialist
- Telephone Companion Volunteer
- Khmer Speaking Outreach Volunteers
- Arabic Speaking Outreach Volunteer