Duke Cancer Patient Support Program Self-Image Volunteers assist patients with wig, hat, turban fittings. Volunteers also offer support to patients through providing a listening ear, encouragement, and information about other self-image resources in the community.
* Provide hospitality to patients and family members in outpatient clinics as they wait to see a physician to receive treatment
* Orient new patients to clinics
* Offer a listening ear
* Escort patients to tests, food court, and other hospital areas
* Serve refreshments
* Give information about hospital and community resources
* Make appropriate referrals to counselors and other resources
Please contact Holly Vincitorio at Holly.Vincitorio@Duke.edu to schedule an interview.
Thank you for your interest!!
- Customer Service
- Retail / Sales
- Business Development & Sales Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours a week for one year