Volunteer Board Member
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
33 people are interested
Position: We are currently recruiting board members who have broad experience on fundraising, event planning, secondary education and building institutional capacity. A candidate should have sufficient applicable experience to understand fully the legal and other responsibilities of a U.S.-based nonprofit organization. Individual board member is expected to help promote, publicize, support and advertise Aumazo and its mission and help recruit new members from the general public. He or she should have demonstrated a personal commitment to areas aligned with the organization's public interest commitments, such as education and welfare of the people we serve and the environment of the communities in which we operate. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans (with direction of the Executive Director and/or Board) and implements all fund development activities of Aumazo, including current and planned giving programs.
- Commit to serving a minimum tenure of twenty-four (24) months as an active voting Board Member.
- Participate actively in Aumazo fundraising campaigns, donor relations and search for donors.
- Makes personal calls on prospective donors.
- Prepares grant applications for Aumazo projects.
- Engage personal network in support of Aumazo.
- Plans and attends all functions of Aumazo - including special events for fundraising purposes.
- Attends all meetings of the Aumazo Board and appropriate committees.
- Assists in the orientation of new Board members, volunteers, and committee members as necessary.
- Works with appropriate staff and consultants to create all collateral materials for Aumazo including, special projects, and annual reports.
- Comply with the Board of Director’s By-laws, Board Member Duties and Aumazo policies.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
PO. Box 34084Bethesda, MD 20817
- Grant Writing / Research
- Donor Management
- People 55+
- Must be at least 25
- Orientation or Training
- The candidate must commit 4 to 8 hours a month
- The Board candidate should have self-assuredness, a high ethical standard, inter-personal skills