62 people are interested
Child/Youth/Parent Educational Development Intern/Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: Changing Children's Worlds Foundation
Please visit the new page to apply.
62 people are interested
CHILD/ YOUTH/ PARENT EDUCATIONAL DEVELOPMENT
The Educational Development Intern will be instrumental in helping the department manage ICDP programs. Reaching out to potential partners, researching sources of funding, and helping manage the inventory of resources is key to a successful program outreach. This is an opportunity for a student focused on Education, Social Work, or Psychology.
- Receiving training as an ICDP Facilitator to support work related to ICDP Caregiver Learning Groups;
- Support the coordination of ICDP Caregiver Groups & Children’s Programs (Elgin, Aurora, Batavia, Geneva, St. Charles, Chicago);
- Assist with facilitator & trainer Workshop organization/training materials;
- Support educational resource books & tool kit improvement;
- Support CCWF Education/ICDP monitoring, evaluation & reporting (including ICDP Databases entry, possible article writing and web reports);
- Assist in coordinating the ICDP NASW
- Continuing Education Administration;
- Participate in ICDP Education Community Outreach;
- Assist in keeping the ICDP Directory updated;
- Assist with Caregiver/Facilitator/Trainee info and communications;
- Support ICDP related grant writing & reporting, fundraising, and social media as needed.
- High School graduate, current college student, or college graduate who is self-motivated and directed;
- Able to dedicate at least 120 hours within a 3-4 month period;
- Good writing skills;
- Flexible and positive attitude;
- Tech/computer savvy (Excel/Numbers, Word/Pages, and PowerPoint/Keynote);
- Spanish language is not required but would be an asset.
- The candidate needs to be available to come to the CCWF office in Geneva, Illinois (we could discuss a few hours at home). Office is open from Mon-Fri, 9am - 5pm.
- Some college preferred or 1+ year experience in the field.
- The internship can be used to credits earned for an academic internship, dependent upon the institution’s approval;
- This is an unpaid position, but a small stipend may be provided at the end of the internship based on the student’s approved travel expenses.
About Changing Children's Worlds Foundation
411 Steven St., Geneva, IL 60134, US
CCWF's vision is for every child and adolescent to have a strong network of caregivers engaged in supporting their positive development in nonviolent families and peaceful communities.
CCWF strives to improve children's worlds through awareness raising, education, and training throughout communities worldwide. Through our educational programs we address a universal need for all families to understand their child's needs and to give caregivers the confidence that they can support their child's development. We provide the foundation for participants in our program to give their children more positive life opportunities and experiences than they themselves had. CCWF strives to reduce the incidences of violence, maltreatment, and neglect through strengthening the capacity of parents, caregivers, and communities to care for children's health and emotional well-being.
411 Stevens St.Geneva, IL 60134
February 17, 2022
- General Education
- Child Development
- Family Therapy
- Teaching / Instruction
- People 55+