Child/Youth/Parent Educational Development Intern/Volunteer
13 people are interested
CHILD/ YOUTH/ PARENT EDUCATIONAL DEVELOPMENT
The Educational Development Intern will be instrumental in helping the department manage ICDP programs. Reaching out to potential partners, researching sources of funding, and helping manage the inventory of resources is key to a successful program outreach. This is an opportunity for a student focused on Education, Social Work, or Psychology.
- Receiving training as an ICDP Facilitator to support work related to ICDP Caregiver Learning Groups;
- Support the coordination of ICDP Caregiver Groups & Children’s Programs (Elgin, Aurora, Batavia, Geneva, St. Charles, Chicago);
- Assist with facilitator & trainer Workshop organization/training materials;
- Support educational resource books & tool kit improvement;
- Support CCWF Education/ICDP monitoring, evaluation & reporting (including ICDP Databases entry, possible article writing and web reports);
- Assist in coordinating the ICDP NASW
- Continuing Education Administration;
- Participate in ICDP Education Community Outreach;
- Assist in keeping the ICDP Directory updated;
- Assist with Caregiver/Facilitator/Trainee info and communications;
- Support ICDP related grant writing & reporting, fundraising, and social media as needed.
- High School graduate, current college student, or college graduate who is self-motivated and directed;
- Good writing skills;
- Flexible and positive attitude;
- Tech/computer savvy (Excel/Numbers, Word/Pages, and PowerPoint/Keynote);
- Spanish language is not required but would be an asset.
- Some college or 1+ year experience in the field.
- This internship can be used to credits earned for an academic internship , dependent upon the institution’s approval;
- Not paid internship.
411 Stevens St.Geneva, IL 60134
- General Education
- Child Development
- Family Therapy
- Teaching / Instruction