Fundraising and Event Planning Intern/Volunteer
10 people are interested
The Fundraising & Event Planning Intern will be responsible for meeting fundraising targets by encouraging current and potential supporters to organize fundraising events, as well as organizing our own promotional and fundraising events. To work with individuals, communities, and businesses to raise awareness of the charity's work, aims and goals. Ultimately, to increase the contributions of those individuals and groups by building relationships and exploring new fundraising techniques and ideas.
The Fundraising & Event Planning position will assist with the creation and implementation of all CCWF wide events, fundraising, donor stewardship, and event planning activities. This position provides valuable experience for fundraising management & event planning students and experience in the non-profit sector.
- Research, identify and contact potential sponsorship/ donors face-to-face, over-the-phone, or by e-mail;
- Assist in creating a strong fundraising message that appeals to potential donors;
- Assist in conduct fundraising strategies;
- Event planning and implementing bi-annual fundraising events;
- Organization of materials for the events;
- Attend events, as necessary;
- Thank all donors immediately after the donation is received and log all details;
- Extract contact information from the database to publicize the campaign/ event;
- Maintain records of donor information for future use;
- Evaluate the success of previous fundraising events to make strategies to the next one;
- Create fundraising procedures & practices manual;
- Marketing of the fundraising events;
- Create social media posts to engage potential fundraiser guests;
- Searching for new opportunities online and in the community and possibly gaining new contacts to help projects grow - Securing donations and building fundraiser participation;
- Opportunity to work with and develop outreach programs for businesses and organizations with goals of sponsorship and recruiting volunteer support.
- This could also involve grant writing or other parts of application processes to grow funding for CCWF programs;
- Organize promotional fundraising events from start to finish including: producing detailed proposals (e.g. timelines, venues, suppliers, legal obligations, staffing and budgets); securing and booking venues; ensuring insurance, legal, health, and safety obligations are adhered to; coordinating venue management, caterers, stand designers, contractors and equipment hire; organizing facilities for car parking, traffic control, security, first aid, hospitality and the media; identifying and securing speakers or special guests; planning room layouts and the entertainment program, scheduling workshops and demonstrations; coordinating staff and volunteers; selling sponsorship/stand/exhibition space to potential exhibitors/partners; organizing the production of tickets, posters, catalogues and sales brochures; preparing information packs and promotional materials; overseeing the dismantling and removal of the event and clearing the venue efficiently;
- Work closely with other departments and attend regular meetings to discuss collaborations and future fundraising and events;
- Supporting Salesforce & Campaign Monitor.
- High School graduate, current college student, or college graduate who is self-motivated and directed;
- Able to dedicate at least 60 hours within a 3 month period;
- A strong interpersonal and communication skill set;
- The ability to plan, set goals and objectives, organize, and follow through;
- Proactive team player;
- Fun, personable, resilient, flexible, willing to step in when needed;
- Spanish language is not required but would be an asset.
- Ability to navigate social media proficiently;
- Some experience in special events, fundraising, marketing/social media is not required but would be an asset.
- This internship can be used to credits earned for an academic internship , dependent upon the institution’s approval;
- Not paid internship.
We'll work with your schedule.
411 Stevens St.Geneva, IL 60134
- Event Design & Planning
- Event Planning / Management
- Donor Management
- Event Management