Fraunces Tavern Museum is always looking to invite talented individuals to assist with our educational programming. Our well trained volunteer School Program Educators ensure the continual success of our educational mission. If you have a passion for history and hope to share that interest with others, you would be a great addition to ur team of educators!
- Available to volunteer for at least 1 weekly School Program (approx. 90 minutes long).
- Comfortable administering inquiry-based learning and hands-on activities with students K-12.
- Interest in New York City history as it relates to Colonial America, the Revolutionary War, and the Early Republic.
- Conduct exhibit-based school programs for K-12 students in the Museum’s galleries and period rooms.
- Use various educational strategies to lead school programs and engage students with the Museum’s collection.
- Set-up & break-down of school program’s supplies and spaces.
- Able to work with a team; is enthusiastic, dependable and flexible.
- Enjoys interacting with the public and communicates effectively with individuals, families, and school groups.
- Willing to learn new information through hands-on experience and materials provided by the Education & Public Programs Coordinator.
- Capable of 2-4 hours of physical activity.
- This is a great opportunity for those interested in enhancing their public speaking skills and gaining experience in working with various populations in an educational setting.
- Benefits include free admission to the museum and its lectures, exhibit openings, eligibility for a free $22 (cash value) monthly MetroCard, and an annual volunteer luncheon.
We need volunteers to ensure the success of our educational programming, so you would truly be making a difference. Former teaching or public speaking experience is a plus.
Training involves receiving an Educator manual, shadowing tours, and subsequent Educator meetings. If interested please submit a resume and cover letter to:
Jacqueline Masseo Education & Public Program Coordinator
- Teaching / Instruction
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- At least 1 school program per week