VOLUNTEER TREASURER NEEDED: If you are an accountant with a strong interest assisting the non profit sector, and believe environmental education is crucial to understanding issues facing our natural world and subsequent solutions to leading more sustainable lives and business practices... this could be a rewarding opportunity for you to join our Executive Board.
Green Planet Films is a non-profit distributor of nature and environmental films from around the globe. We promote environmental education through film.
We seek to preserve and protect our planet by collecting and distributing documentaries that can be used to educate the public about the science, beauty, and fragility of the natural world.
We work with schools, libraries, government agencies, busiesses, and individuals worldwide.
Volunteer Board Treasurer Purpose:
To manage and report on the organization's finances.
Volunteer Board Treasurer Responsibilities:
1. Carries out the responsibilities of a member of the Board of Directors.
2. Assists in the preparation of the budget.
3. Monitors the budget.
4. Ensures the Board's financial policies are being followed.
5. Reports to the Board of Directors on finances.
6. Prepares any required financial reporting forms.
7. Assists with quarterly film producer royalty calculations.
8. Reviews the financials prepared by the bookkeeper.
9. Attends quarterly meetings in a Marin location
10. Participates in fundraising activities
- Financial Auditing
- Cost Analysis
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 25
- 1-2 hours a week
- Special projects available too