Calling all volunteers! Join The Columbus Historical Society (CHS) and be a part of history! We are in need of docents to assist us in telling the story of our great city.
1) Provide exhibit tours to visitors of all ages. The docents will be the primary educational outreach to students, visitors, and the Columbus community. Greet and provide customer service to guests visiting the exhibit.
2) Assist with creation and presentation of educational programs and events in exhibit space.
3) Maintain and service exhibit as needed. The exhibit has interactive components, gallery docents will work with public to explain exhibit and assist them in their participation.
4) This is a hands-on position working with the guests who visit the CHS exhibit and providing additional guest support to enhance the overall experience.
* Highly prefer a volunteer with strong customer service experience.
* Interest in history.
*CHS and COSI membership provided after 100 hours of service
*Letters of recommendation
*Discounts at the cafe and gift shop
*Access to all of COSI’s many professional development offerings
*Discounts to CHS programs and events
To apply or for questions email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training