Global Glimpse is an innovative non-profit organization working to inspire America’s next generation to become responsible global citizens through after school programming and immersion in the developing world. We are committed to making transformational travel accessible to youth from all socioeconomic backgrounds.
Launched in the Bay Area in 2007 Global Glimpse has since expanded to New York and launched in Chicago in 2015. The organization has grown more than ten-fold to serve nearly 1000 majority low-income students annually across 70 high schools nationwide. Moving into our third program year in Chicago, we are partnering with 14 schools to serve over 150 students and 30 educators.
We're looking to grow our Rising Leaders Councils (RLC) in the SF Bay Area, New York, and Chicago!
Passionate about the power of transformative travel? The RLC is a diverse network of cross-sector professionals who volunteer with Global Glimpse to build awareness around our programming and support program expansion, fundraising, and network development, both regionally and nationally.
RLC members commit to supporting Global Glimpse in the following ways:
- Support Global Glimpse programming and program expansion across the Chicago Area
- Expand the Global Glimpse network in the Chicago Area
- Contribute to Global Glimpse by assisting with fundraising initiatives, and personally contributing a minimum $1,000 annual give/get toward helping fund our student scholarships.
Global Glimpse commits to supporting RLC members to grow personally and professionally:
- Opportunity for local emerging leaders to develop non-profit board experience
- Access to a national cross-sector network of individuals who share a passion for global education and youth development, including our New York and Bay Area RLCs
Learn more about Global Glimpse at www.globalglimpse.org
Apply by November 30th (11:59pm CST) at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/globalglimpseRLC
- Resource Development / Management
- Public Relations
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Group Facilitation
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Meetings 1x/month
- Additional project-based events or commitments; fundraising