Senior Peer Counseling
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereContact: The Senior Hub, Inc. RSVP Dept.2360 W. 90th Ave.Federal Heights, CO 80260
Senior Peer Counseling
The Senior Peer Counseling program works to connect volunteer Senior Peer Counselors with other older adults throughout Adams County. These volunteer counselors either meet at client homes or other community locations. One of the greatest benefits for participants is to know they have someone to see on an ongoing basis who can offer them support and understanding by relating to what they are going through in some way.
Volunteer Peer Counselors provide a safe, confidential environment to talk about life experiences and feelings, offer support to the participant who is exploring solutions to life’s challenges, and may also know of resources within the community that can be of service to the participant.
Peer Counseling volunteers must complete an orientation and attend ongoing training and guidance meetings so that they are able to offer the best possible support for participants while being supported themselves in this fulfilling work. They meet with their participant for 1 hour every week or two for a 6-12 month period. Please call Senior Reach at 303-853-3657 for information, and if you are 55 or older and are interested in volunteering as a Peer Counselor then you'll need to contact Tom Rapp RSVP Dept. at 303-955-6609 at The Senior Hub, Inc. to register to volunteer.
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- 1 hour per week (or as needed)
- Adams County Community Garden...
- Meals On Wheels Driver
- Meal Pickup/Delivery for Sr. Hub...
- Brighton 27J and Adams 1, 12,...
- Vets Helping Vets
- Meals On Wheels Driver West...
- Respite Care Program, Senior...
- A Break for Caregivers
- Adult Day Service Volunteer
- Senior Peer Counseling Volunteer
- Disaster Preparedness Speaker Team
- Food Pantry Scheduler and...
- Senior TAX Preparers - Western...
- Senior Peer Counseling
- Recycling Events Team Member
- Adams County Food Banks
- Care Management Assistant
- Totes of Hope Food Volunteer
- Adams 12 Five Star Student...