Driving is a major loss in our seniors lives that challenges their sense of independence.
Our mission at Heart of the Valley, SERVICES FOR SENIORS , INC. is to help those seniors who are are living independently stay independent.
Rides to medical and dental appointments, shopping, errands, visiting and so many other needs are the most requested services made by our senior clients.
We need volunteers who are willing to drive our seniors where they need to go! This is escorted transportation - we use our own cars and meet them at their homes, drive them where they need to go, wait with them if they choose and drive them back home.
We consider ourselves the friendly neighbor, our services are free of charge and we all have a good time meeting and visiting with some wonderful people!
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- There is no minimum or maximum time committment.
- IN-A-PINCH Computer/IT Assistance
- House Project Provider
- ENewsletter Assistance
- Escorted Transportation
- Shopping and Errands Provider
- Fundraising Assistant
- Yard Worker/Gardener
- IN-A-PINCH Handyman Services
- Heart of the Valley Board Member
- Staff Support Secretary
- Computer and Tech Support
- IN-A-PINCH House Project
- Volunteer Coordinator Assistant
- Front Office Volunteer
- IN-A-PINCH Escorted Transportation
- Household Hazardous Waste Driver