Are you a student of Barbering or Cosmotlogy who has recently received your license and are looking for a place to get more experience? Or are you a licensed barber or hair dresser who just wants to give back to the community? Well look no further!
People Incorporated is currently looking for 1-2 licensed Hairdressers or Barbers to provide haircuts once or more times per month for our Project Recovery clients. Typical service 2 hours per month
About Project Recovery
We work with homeless adults with Chemical Dependency issues listening to their stories and helping them achieve goals that include housing, safety, stability and recovery. The transition to permanent housing is made in stages (as necessary) and staff work to create a service environment where individuals feel at ease, out of danger, with flexible support services to meet their needs.
1. Licensed hairdresser or barber
2. Experience working with people who have serious and persistent mental illness and developmental disabilities.
3. Must be able to travel to the site
4. Experience working with homelessness
5. Working and interacting with people who are at varying levels of intoxication.
6. Ability to independently plan and implement activities.
Minimal Supervision provided.
This position does require Mantoux testing, background check, and confidentiality agreement.
- Patient Care
- People Skills
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Crisis Intervention
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1-2 hours per month
- Mantoux testing, background check, confidentiality agreement