The Madge Phillips Center (MPC) Shelter Volunteer Assistants will support emergency shelter staff during overnight hours (11:00 p.m-7:00 a.m). Principle duties and responsibilities include:
- Maintain confidentiality and security of the shelter environment without compromise at all times in accordance with the Waypoint Confidentiality Policy
- Field and respond to phone calls by collecting data on calls for emergency shelter, domestic violence support, providing information and referrals, taking messages, and providing a triage screening to callers for admission to emergency shelter programs throughout the community.
- Provide non-judgmental support to residents in shelter
- Document in shelter logs at stated intervals, according to Waypoint record keeping procedures, supporting maintenance of daily logs in the emergency shelter
- Assist shelter staff with program components as assigned
- Restock supply areas
- Cleaning tasks within shelter bedrooms and common areas of the facility
Please visit our website for a volunteer application and additional opportunities or contact Brittany (email@example.com) for more information.
- People Skills
- Crisis Intervention
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16