Tutoring and Mentoring girls 12-18 in their academic subjects Reading, Math, Science, Social Studies and English. Volunteers would go into a classroom of 12 girls and would be assigned girls to work with 1:1. Preference as to what subjects to help with will be accommodated.
Gardening with girls 12-18 outdoors in our garden and back yard space. We have a beautiful space that needs assistance. We have funds to enhance the landscape but not the manpower needed to keep it up.
Breakfast and Books (there is a waitlist for this program) Volunteers are paired with one PACE girl and participate in a book club one morning per month for one hour. All girls and mentors in the program read the same book and come together to discuss the book at a designated place in Naples. The commitment for this is October to May.
Love That Dress! annual fundraiser for PACE involves volunteers collecting donated dresses all year long. Volunteers are needed to pick up dresses from businesses that have collected dresses and our host gatherings where people bring dresses to donated. Volunteers also needed in June, July and August to tag and sort dresses. Volunteers also needed to work at the event in the dressing rooms, on the floor of the event, set up and breakdown (September).
- Event Planning / Management
- Literacy / Reading
- Math / Science Instruction
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- RSVP/Meals on Wheels Drivers
- RSVP/PACE Center for Girls-...
- RSVP/Rookery Bay
- RSVP/Habitat for Humanity
- RSVP/Hope for Families
- RSVP/Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary
- RSVP/Naples Historical Society
- RSVP Literacy Volunteers of...
- RSVP At. Vincent de Paul Society
- RSVP/Harry Chapin Food Bank
- RSVP Panira Healthcare Clinic
- RSVP/Veteran Transportation
- RSVP CERT
- RSVP/Tutors and Mentors at Boys...
- RSVP/Foundation for the...
- RSVP Gargiulo Education Center
- Senior Friendship Health Center