MISSION: The mission of Mothers Against Drunk Driving is to end drunk driving, help fight drugged driving, support the victims of these violent crimes and prevent underage drinking.
TITLE OF POSITION: Victim Impact Panel (VIP) Registration
PURPOSE OF JOB: To support the mission of MADD by registering DUI/DUID offenders to attend court-ordered VIP’s. These Panels are vital in that they demonstrate to offenders the seriousness of their crimes, bringing a human aspect and real perspectives from the victims of impaired driving.
- Set-up and break down registration area (e.g. tables, chairs, paperwork)
- Register attendees
- Work with VIP facilitator to resolve issues both during registration and during the Panel
- Reconcile VIP funds
- Respond to VIP Program Manager requests for VIP registration volunteers
- Reach out to VIP Program Manager if/when you are able to volunteer at a particular Panel
- VIP registration volunteers are trained before the start of the Panel. First-time volunteers will be required to arrive 10 minutes early to receive training from the VIP facilitator.
- Age 17 or older
- Reliable transportation to/from panels
- Able to help move tables and chairs
- Able to interact with DUI/DUID offenders without judgment
- Able to read and speak English (For Spanish-language panels: Able to read and speak Spanish)
- Background check required
TIME COMMITMENT REQUIRED:
- VIP are typically held Mon, Tues and Wed evenings. They are held all over the state. Volunteers do not have to live in the Denver Metro Area to participate in this volunteer opportunity.
- Arrive 30 minutes prior to the start of registration.
- Remain through the duration of the VIP (typically 3.5 hrs total) unless otherwise discussed with the facilitator.
VIP’s are held all over Colorado. Dates, times and locations can be viewed at: http://www.madd.org/local-offices/co/victim-impact-panels/.
- Learn about the judicial process for DUI/DUID offenders in Colorado
- Hear victim/survivor stories
- Meet volunteers who are interested in furthering MADD’s mission
Rebecca Green, Programs Specialist, 303.425.5902 or Rebecca.email@example.com
- Customer Service
- People Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Panels are held in the evenings from 5pm-830pm