Purpose: The position of Front Desk Ambassador serves as the face and voice of Virginia Beach CDC, representing the organization to the public who visit or contact the office. It is a supportive role in helping families and veterans find affordable housing.
Location: The Front Desk Ambassador works in the public reception area at the VBCDC Main Office
- Retrieves voicemail messages from the general mailbox and routes to appropriate staff
- Greets neighbors and guests and directs them to the appropriate staff
- Answers questions about the organization
- Schedules same day appointments for the Intake Coordinator
- Helps prepare bulk mailings
- Helps make copies
- Places postage on all mailings
- Helps with data entry
- Other duties as assigned
Time Commitment: Volunteers are asked to commit to at least 1 shift per week (4 hours) for a minimum of 6 months. Some flexibility may be possible- contact the Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Qualifications: Basic knowledge of computers to include Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. We are looking for someone with a pleasant manner, clear verbal communication skills, dependability, patience and a desire to learn and help the community.
Support: Training for this position will be provided. Additionally, the Office Manager and Administrative Staff will be available for questions and support.
Dress Code: Business Casual
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Office Reception
- Data Entry
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours a week for 3+ months- flexibility possible