Position: Business Development Associate
Position Type: Non-Compensated, Volunteer Position
Time Commitment: 16-22 hours/week, 6+ months
Reports to: Chief Development Officer
About the position:
The Business Development Associate is a volunteer position, which offers qualified candidates the opportunity to prove their capabilities in engaging with Bay Area companies of all sizes in the field of sustainability. We are interested in meeting candidates who bring interpersonal and effective follow-through skills, and who are interested in addressing environmental and/or sustainability issues. Volunteers can work out of our Santa Clara office or work remotely.
The Associate will join our Business Development Team which is responsible for engaging with and expanding our partner network. The Associate will be responsible for outreach to specific prospective partners and current partners, and for attending our weekly team meeting (in-person or via conference line) with our Chief Development Officer.
In return for the volunteer hours, the benefits to the volunteer candidate include, but are not limited to the following: job reference letter from the Executive Director of SSV, new skills, a resume entry, networking opportunities, and a chance to work toward a vision of a sustainable region, a thriving economy, a healthy environment and socially equitable community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sell SSV partnerships to prospective enterprises
- Reaching out via email and phone to discuss SSV activities with SSV partners.
- Attending networking events and following-up with prospective SSV partners.
- Using and updating our customer relationship management system.
- Helping to improve business development processes, workflow, tools, and performance reporting.
- Learning about and understanding SSV’s efforts towards sustainability.
- Maintaining confidentiality in all aspects of partner, staff and organizational information.
Qualities and Skills Preferred:
- Must have previous successful sales experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills for calls and meetings with partners and prospective partners.
- Ability to collaborate in a team setting and contribute to team goals.
- Strong time management, planning and organization skills.
- Attention to detail in order to ensure accuracy of customer relationship management system.
- Ability to find creative solutions, thinking beyond current systems and approaches toward continual improvement.
- Comfort with learning new software programs.
Please send your application with the subject listed as Business Development Associate to email@example.com
About Sustainable Silicon Valley (SSV):
Founded in 2000, Sustainable Silicon Valley is a nonprofit dedicated to addressing tough sustainability challenges. SSV brings together leading tech companies, cities, counties, and research and educational institutions to solve sustainability issues that cannot be solved alone. SSV envisions a net positive Bay Area by 2050 where we produce more energy than we consume, sequester more carbon than we emit, and optimize water resources to ensure water resilience. Our strategy is to facilitate measurable projects, education, events, and policies that deliver solutions by activating SSV’s member network to reach the net positive Bay Area goals. Membership with SSV is a great avenue to share knowledge and connect with leaders in the Silicon Valley
- Business Development & Sales Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 16-22 hours per week
- Previous successful sales experience