Support shelter and transitional housing residents as they prepare to enter the workforce, join a training program, find an internship, or return to school. Complete intake and follow-up meetings to identify goals such as writing resumes, researching and applying for job postings, or exploring training opportunities or job leads. The Career Specialist is responsible for completing paperwork with residents, documenting and tracking client progress, and providing feedback and assistance to residents.
Impact & Benefits
- Build relationships with clients, providing life-changing career development resources and helping them to identify and achieve their career goals
- Gain direct service experience in a non-profit social service agency
- Follow agency guidelines as you interact with clients, clarifying the client’s concerns and needs, providing support, and referring clients to community resources and programs
- Communicate and collaborate within your team to provide coordinated services to clients
- Assist clients with completion of career goals, connecting clients with necessary resources and following up to evaluate progress; provide reminders and other supports as needed
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to teach and practice resume writing and professional interviewing, familiarity with job-searching websites, online job applications, and Microsoft Office
- Ability and willingness to listen actively and respond appropriately to clients while maintaining confidentiality and an awareness of issues affecting their lives
- Independent and motivated to recruit and follow-up with clients as needed for success
- Ability to work with diverse teams and clients to foster a culturally inclusive environment
- Administrative Support
- Career Counseling / Coaching
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 2-4 hours per week for a minimum of 6 months.
- Personal Shopper (Minneapolis or...
- Special Events Committee Member
- Youth Outreach Center Advocate -...
- Career Specialist - Apply now...
- Child Care Assistant...
- Day Camp Counselor for Children...
- Adult & Famiy Advocate - Serve...
- Recruitment Specialist - Apply...
- Computer Resource Assistant...
- Resource and Crisis Line...