The Centreville Immigration Forum provides funding and support for the Centreville Labor Resource Center. The Labor Resource Center is a safe, organized space for day laborers to wait for jobs and to negotiate with potential employers. The Center also provides training and education to increase workers’ job opportunities and quality of life.
We have an immediate need for someone with desktop publishing experience to edit, format and make ready for publication a quarterly newsletter.
The volunteer will:
- Handle layout for brochures, flyers, and annual report (content will be provided)
- Work collaboratively to edit materials for each project or announcement
Times and Location:
- Weekday evening orientation in Centreville
- Commitment: one project per month, with varying hours needed to complete.
- Most work from home shared via email.
- Bi-monthly in-person meetings for updates and brainstorming sessions
- Length of commitment: 6 months minimum.
- Organized, committed, and works well with others using a collaborative approach
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft publisher or other desktop publishing program
- Access to computer and needed software or ability to work at the Labor Center between 6AM-noon as needed
- Excellent editing skills
- Understanding of messaging and willingness to learn about the organization
- Completion of CLRC volunteer application and participation in orientation session
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Graphic Design / Print
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- Bi-monthly in-person meetings, six month commitmen