56 people are interested
Kids on the Block Puppeteer
56 people are interested
Kids on the Block is a troupe of life-size multicultural puppets. Performances feature issues such as bullying, depression, drug awareness, and mental, physical, and emotional disabilities. Audiences interact directly with the puppets during question-and-answer sessions in each program. This unique form of communication provides young people with a safe environment to learn an attitude of smart decision-making, sensitivity, and understanding that will serve them well for the rest of their lives.
For more information, please visit our website at www.mhageorgia.org/kids-on-the-block
- Script memorization and rehearsals to be able to perform scripts and successfully carry out a question and answer session between the puppets and the children after each performance. (Scripts are easy to learn.)
- Travel throughout Georgia, performing for various schools and community organizations
- You will be compensated for rehearsals and each performance you do
- You have to pass a background check, have reliable transportation, have the ability to work within a strong team environment, and be flexible
- Performances are normally scheduled on the weekdays during school, after school, and some evenings
- Puppeteers are paid $25 per rehearsal and $75 per performance.
- High school diploma or GED
- Experience working with kids
- Knowledge of mental health issues
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Mental Health America of Georgia
2250 NorthDruid Hills Road NE, Suite 275, Atlanta, GA 30329, US
Mental Health America of Georgia works to enhance the mental health of all Georgians through education, outreach and advocacy.
Mental Health America of Georgia (formerly known as the National Mental Health Association of Georgia) is our state's leading nonprofit dedicated to helping all Georgians live mentally healthier lives.
With our state-wide affiliates, we represent a growing movement of Americans who promote mental wellness for the health and well-being of everyone in our state, emphasizing mental health as a critical component of a healthy lifestyle.
2250 North Druid Hills Road NESuite 275Atlanta, GA 30329
August 16, 2021
- Child Development
- Youth Services
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- High School Diploma or GED; Reliable transportation