Speak up for the best interest of abused and neglected children!
Every child has a chance - it's you!
As a Court Appointed Special Advocate, or CASA volunteer, you can keep abused and neglected children safe while they find permanence.
CASA volunteers speak up for a child in court. You are not a foster parent, you are a voice making a difference at a critical point in a child's life.What do CASA Volunteers do?
CASA volunteers get to know the child and everyone involved in the child's life to advocate for the child's best interest while in the foster care system.CASA Volunteers:
- Commit to at least 1 year of advocacy
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Participate in an in-depth training program
- Pass criminal and CPS background checks
- Are at least 21+ years old
- Can spend 10-15 hours a month researching, visiting, and attending meetings/hearings on the child's behalf
Respond to this need and a staff member will contact you about the next steps to join our organization!
Visit www.casagalveston.org for more information.
- Administrative Support
- Child Welfare
- Problem Solving
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 10 - 15 hours per month