The Campus Outreach Coordinator will be responsible for working with the South Dakota Manager of Advocacy and Development in extending outreach to your campus community in South Dakota. The intern will educate the campus community (particularly students but also faculty/staff) about Planned Parenthood MN, ND, SD (PPMNS) and reproductive health at campus events, fairs, student organizations, in small-group settings and through marketing activities such as distributing flyers and pamphlets on campus and through the use of social media. This is a great opportunity for anyone interested in advocacy and outreach! Contact us today to learn more.
This internship requires a semester long commitment and includes a monthly stipend of $100/month.
- Network and work with existing and emerging women’s and women friendly groups on campus or in the community.
- Research events and recruit volunteers to work with/at events.
- Secure and staff ongoing tabling opportunities in the Student Union or other high traffic areas.
- Monitor the weekly publication of your campus paper for stories highlighting women’s health and issues pertaining to women.
- Participate in and/or organize Planned Parenthood’s phonebanks or canvasses in your community.
- Create and/or help to organize two campus events highlighting women’s health and/or reproductive issues.
- People Skills
- Community Outreach
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Semester long commitment required.