Help the Homeless and Advocate for those in Los Angeles' Skid Row
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where256 S. Occidental BlvdLos Angeles, CA 90057
Tents-4-Homeless is a project aimed providing 1 and 2 person tents to homeless people who for one reason or another are forced to sleep outdoors with no access to sheltered housing. Obviously not intended as along term or structural solution to homelessness, emergency tents provide homeless people with protection from the weather and a semblance of privacy. The initial target population is homeless individuals and families sleeping on sidewalks in the skid row of Los Angeles, the largest concentration of homeless people in the United States. If interest in the project grows, we would like to expand the project to include other highly dense homeless populations in other areas of the country and possibly abroad.
The Center for Human Rights and Constitutional Law, Inc. is looking for a passionate, creative a savvy Social Media Specialist to assist with its Tents-4-Homeless project. Volunteers will work 10-20 hours per week and will assist with research, posting on social media, as well as monitoring analytics tools. The position also entails helping with influencer outreach and managing online reputation. This is a great opportunity to get hands-on marketing experience from a successful nonprofit. This position can be performed remotely.
- Drafting Social Media posting to Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Reaching out to online influencers
- Creating content to be posted to our blog
- Monitoring and analytics for social media channels
- Replying to comments, messages, etc.
- Both written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, and detail-oriented
- Completed or working toward a college degree, preferable in a related field
- Enthusiasm to work in a non-profit
- Commitment to work 10-20 hours per week
Those wishing to volunteer for this project should complete the Tents-4-Homeless Volunteer Application Form by following this link: http://goo.gl/forms/AaHW2cr0p7
Applicants are also strongly encouraged to e-mail email@example.com with the subject headline "TENTS-4-HOMELESS VOLUNTEER APPLICANT." Include a short description of experience or schooling and why you would like to be part of this project.
- Social Media / Blogging
- Community Outreach
- Market Research / Analysis
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Homeless Research Intern
- History of Law Project
- Athletic Volunteer
- Make Your Voice Heard. Write for...
- Volunteer Research Assistant
- Help Prisoners in Solitary...
- Tents-4-Homeless Social Media...
- Youth Shelter Graduate...
- Join the Fight Against Family...
- Driver for Casa Libre/Freedom...
- Gardener/Master Gardener
- Tent4Homeless project
- Tutor Los Angeles
- Help Eliminate Racial...
- Human Rights Intern or Volunteer
- Unaccompanied Minors Shelter...
- Help the Homeless of Los Angeles
- Help the Homeless and Advocate...