POSITION OVERVIEW: The volunteer will care for and supervise activities for the children living at the Families First Children’s Treatment Center. The volunteer will assist staff in providing a safe, therapeutic, caring environment where the children can learn and grow.
(The Staff Aide may be called upon to give a court testimony.)
- Under the direction of staff, implement activities to enhance each child’s social, emotional, cognitive and physical development.
- Within program guidelines, maintain consistency in setting limits and providing choices for the children that are important in meeting their developmental needs.
- Assist staff in creating a healthy, accepting atmosphere where children can take risks, recognize boundaries, experience success and receive positive reinforcement to enhance self esteem.
- Help children learn to identify their feelings, how to verbalize them.
- Problem solve with them to find appropriate ways to express their feelings and find physical outlets for them.
- Assist children in learning that they can have control over their own behaviors.
- Be an active listener to children. Establish trust and a supportive relationship.
- Supervise children in activities and free play to keep them safe.
- Prepare meals for children creating a family atmosphere. Help with household chores and maintenance.
- Accompany children on outings (i.e., swimming, camping, zoo).
- Provide shift feedback to staff for documentation.
- Child Development
- Youth Services
- Crisis Intervention
- Child Welfare
- Child Care
- Special Needs
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training