Since 1965, Manasota SCORE has served Sarasota and Manatee Counties, including Sarasota, Bradenton, Osprey, Nokomis, Venice and surrounding communities. Manasota SCORE continues to grow to serve the needs of our community (over 76,000 businesses). In FY2015, Manasota SCORE experienced 106% total services increase and 263% increase in educational services growth, compared to 2014.
We need to expand the diversity and capacity of local volunteers with business leadership/entrepreneur expertise who want to help small business people solve problems.
Volunteer roles may include:
- Business mentors
- Workshop instructors
- CEO Roundtable/MeetUp discussion facilitators
- Innovative digital on-line resources creation- podcasts, Utube videos, webinars, tools and templates
- Community Organization Ambassadors
- Development of innovative collaborations and programs with community organizations
- Support Chapter operational needs (skill-based) - internal committee participation (marketing, community outreach, member development, education and training, or IT)
Successful Volunteers share their global, diverse business experiences ranging from Fortune 500 Companies in a broad range of industries to small businesses that the volunteers founded and may still own. Our Volunteers represent a broad range of business functions including sales, marketing, small business financials, management, manufacturing, strategy, Human Resources, Information Technology, operations, and engineering. Co-mentoring is encouraged to deliver a positive experience for each and every SCORE client.
Successful volunteers are lifelong learners with a passion to remain relevant. Our Volunteers achieve personal satisfaction and growth by giving their time, energy and knowledge to support their local communities.
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Teaching / Instruction
- Business Planning
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Sales Marketing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible (typically 10-20 hours/month)
- Problem Solving, Basic Computer Skills, People Skills, Lifelong Learner