You can make a BIG DIFFERENCE to our Animal Rescue Organization in New York. We have younger and mature audience ideas --- check them all out!!!
Make sure to click on [+] READ MORE button below to read more information on this opportunity!
A. > MATURE AUDIENCE VOLUNTEER IDEAS:
- Dodgeball Tournament: Collect a registration fee from teams and sell tickets. You can earn extra money by having a concession stand.
- Food Drives: Please contact RHR at firstname.lastname@example.org for the brands of pet food and treats.
- Baby Photo Contest: Have participants display their baby pictures and collect $1 votes for the cutest baby.
- Big Losers: Participants are sponsored for every pound they lose, and donate the money.
- Frisbee Golf Tournament: Collect entrance fees.
- Buck-a-Pound: Participants pay $1 for every pound they lose and $2 for every pound they gain in weekly weigh-ins.
- Cook-off: Invite guests to compete for bragging rights as you charge guests to come and sample and vote for the best.
- Pancake Breakfast: Host a public breakfast, charging a set fee for the meal.
- Bowl-A-Thon: Collect pledges and bowl a set number of games.
- Benefit Concert: Get a popular band or group of bands to sign on to donate a portion (or all) of the ticket proceeds.
- Potluck Days: Have participants bring their favorite dish along with copies of the recipe and charge each person to eat lunch or dinner.
- Comedy Night: Have a comedian perform. Sell tickets for the event and give a percentage of the proceeds.
- Super Bowl/Stanley Cup/World Series Party: Have a party with a donation bowl and have people bring lots of food.
- Blue Jean Dress Down Day: Have participants pay to have a day to dress in comfy jeans.
B. > OTHER IDEAS OR YOUNGER AUDIENCE:
- Food Drives: Please contact RHR at email@example.com for the brands of pet food and treats
- Hot Coco & Lemonade Stands & Bake Sales
- Jewelry Making or other Crafts Making
- Dance Marathon: A continuous, multi-hour event in which participants raise funds through pledges.
- Treasure Chest: Fill a chest with donated prizes and sell keys to open the chest.
- Silly String Shoot Out: Auction off or sell cans of silly string and take aim at volunteers who are good sports like a teacher or a principal.
- Movie Night: Approach your local theater or movie store to ask about sponsorship initiatives (a discount or provide the event for free) with the promise of publicity. You can offer inexpensive admission, plus donated concession snacks.
- Magic Show: Charge for tickets for a special show.
- Celebrity Doodle Auction: Though this idea can take some time, by sending requests to celebrities asking for their one-of-a-kind doodles for auction.
- Car Wash: Select a location and time that will offer significant public exposure.
- Recycling Drive (in states with soda can deposits): Collect aluminum cans and plastic bottles all year round and donate proceeds from the recycling center.
- T-shirt Sale: Sell t-shirts with an original design and donate all or a portion of the proceeds.
- COMMUNITY HOURS: Letter ONLY provided for some In-person Opportunities BUT if you do a "drive" for Kennel Supplies, Pennies for RHR Fundraiser or a Garage/Tag Sale at your school/church/community center you could have someone LOCAL be a Coordinator of your hours. Also see the "Exercise + ResQWalk"or "Exercise + Wooftrax" volunteer opportunities where your time and distance exercised is recorded on the cell phone application.
- HOURS: Vary by the idea/position
- TO LEARN ABOUT MORE POSITIONS: ** PLEASE CLICK ON THE BLUE "Ruff House Rescue (RHR)" LINK (located on the upper, left-hand side of the page ABOVE the red "I want to help!" button). ** Once a new page opens click on "See Listings" Then click on the volunteer listing you are interested in learning more about.
Our mission is to rescue homeless pets that suffer from abuse, neglect, and indifference. Our goal is to create awareness of the epidemic of homeless pets and educate on the importance of spaying and neutering, ID tagging, and training these pets. Through our rescue efforts we are both saving lives and cultivating the natural connection between man and his best friend.
Ruff House Rescue, P.O. Box 365, Oceanside, NY 11572
DOGS/CATS FOR ADOPTION OR FOSTER:
THANK YOU FOR LOOKING AT OUR VOLUNTEER POST AT RHR!
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- U-R-G-E-N-T!!! Dog Walkers [or]...
- Store Assistant or Clerk at...
- Foster-to-Adopt |or| Foster Dogs...
- Junior Volunteers --- In-person...
- Donations for Thrifty Pawz...
- Internet Surfing --- 3 Ways to...
- Supplies --- Collect them for...
- Create Masterpieces for RHR's...
- Petco Adoption Events
- FREE VET ADVICE! Exercise +...
- Poster Campaign!! Short Term
- Junior Volunteers -- Virtual...
- Pennies for RHR Fundraiser --...
- Garage|Tag Sale |or| Tupperware,...
- Wear Jeans for A Day!! Short Term
- Photographers |or| Videographers...
- Get Your Coupons & Shop...
- Dog Treats | Baked Goods Sales...
- Kitty Help at Petco
- Exercise + ResQWalk a free...