Gerinet Healthcare is looking for volunteers to provide emotional support, empathy, respite and other supportive services to hospice patients and their families. Locations vary in the Las Vegas/Henderson areas and are wherever our patients call home - hospital, skilled nursing facility, group home, hospice in-patient unit, or their home.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Initiating and maintaing contact with assigned patient/family
- Offers various forms of assistance, comfort measures, supportive services, including sitting at bedside
- Provide companionship (conversing, reading, watching television, crafting, etc.), providing respite for patient caregivers (running errands, sitting with patient while caregiver goes out, etc.).
- There is NO hands-on medical/clinical work. We have medical staff to complete these duties.
- People Skills
- Bereavement Support
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training