Be a friend to a local senior. Visit with an elder in his or her home to provide companionship, relieve loneliness, and share interests. For some elders, this match-up program is one of their most important services and they look forward to seeing their companion every week. During your visit you will often sit and talk and may play games, cards, read, open mail, or take walks.
Get involved in your community and make a difference! The times and hours are flexible and can fit into a busy schedule.
Apply via https://www.ethocare.org/volunteer/application/
Volunteers must attend a one-time orientation!
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- one hour per week
- Grocery Shop with a Senior!
- Home Care Office Assistant!
- Do you speak Cantonese? Relieve...
- Volunteer at Cafe Pride!
- Volunteer Services Intern at...
- Advocate for Elders in long term...
- Do you speak Spanish? An Elder...
- Vulnerable seniors need your help!
- Visit a Senior in West Roxbury!
- Senior Companions Needed!
- Relieve Loneliness - Become a...
- Visit a Senior in Hyde Park!
- Shop with a Senior!
- Male Friendly Visitors Needed!
- Volunteer Bill Payers for Seniors!
- Escort Seniors to Medical...
- Do you speak Arabic? Elders Need...
- PCA Office Volunteer