TITLE: Charlie Norwood VA Medical Center Ambassador Volunteer
LOCATION: Uptown and Downtown Division Charlie Norwood VA Medical Center Augusta, Georgia
950 15th Street Augusta, GA 30901
1 Freedom Way Augusta, GA 30904
PURPOSE: To provide excellent customer service by greeting and assisting Veterans and visitors the moment they enter the facility.
(Send an email to: Vhaaugvoluntaryservice@va.gov if you are interested in this position.)
RESPONSIBILITIES: In a polite and professional manner, Ambassadors will direct
and/or escort Veterans, family members, and visitors to the
appropriate office or service within the facility and provide
information about the organization, its functions, activities and
Volunteer Ambassadors must attend training sessions provided
by VA staff, practice good personal hygiene and fulfill the duties
outlined in this position description. Furthermore, Ambassadors
are expected to be reliable and honor their commitment, be
punctual, and record Volunteer hours in VSS.
CONTRIBUTION: VA Ambassadors interface with VA staff and other volunteers in a
combined effort to provide quality service for Veterans. This is
accomplished by directing, escorting, assisting with check-in,
providing accurate information and recording complaints.
Ambassadors contribute to a seamless operation in a cooperative
QUALIFICATIONS: This position is ideal for those who have an interest in working
directly with the public. Good interpersonal skills are a
prerequisite as this position involves constant contact with
Veterans, family members, visitors, other volunteers and Medical
Center staff. Ambassadors must have the ability to stand for
prolonged periods of time, be able to push wheelchairs, have
extensive knowledge of hospital layout and services for
information and escort purposes, and be able to work with minimal
SUPERVISORS: Ambassador/Information Desk Lead Volunteers and VAVS Staff
TIME COMMITMENT: Ambassadors are asked to commit to either a morning
(8 a.m.- Noon) or afternoon (12-4:30p.m.) shift.
BENEFITS: This position offers direct contact with the public in a relaxed,
friendly environment and provides an opportunity for
Ambassadors to cultivate their communication and interpersonal
- Patient Care
- Veteran Care
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Volunteer Driver for Veterans in...
- Van Driver for Veterans at the...
- Ambassador Charlie Norwood...
- Volunteer Driver for Veterans...
- Inpatient Unit Volunteer Charlie...
- Distribution Technician...
- Veterans Health Education and...
- Office Assistant Emergency...
- Customer Relations Service Phone...
- Wheelchair Repair Downtown...
- Prosethetics Clerical and...
- Information Desk (Front Line...
- Beneficiary Travel Customer...
- Wheelchair Concierge & Greeter
- Nursing Volunteer Community...
- Community Living Center Senior...
- Front Desk Clerk Volunteer...
- Volunteer Van Driver For...
- Pathology and Lab Volunteer...
- Fisher House Volunteer Charlie...